Once again, Google has decided to make a change that affects anyone interested in their analytics. And once again, Creative Arc is here to help.
- Google Analytics is a free service, embedded into your website, thats tracks and reports website traffic.
- Google announced on March 16, 2022, that traditional Google Analytics accounts are going away, permanently, on July 1, 2023.
- If you want to save your historical, Year Over Year data, you must migrate to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) by June 30, 2022 to have access to your historical data.
- After the June 30th deadline, historical data will no longer be available within the analytics account once it is moved to GA4.
GA4 will completely change the way it looks at data and stores it. The amount of time the data is stored will also change. More information can be found through Google Analytics support (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/11583528?hl=en).
1. Do I want to track my site using Google Analytics?
Yes. Get access to your analytics account credentials and move on to question 2
No. You can safely ignore the rest of this email and have a great day!
2. Do I want to keep the information about how my users have been using your site?
Yes. Migrate by June 30, 2022. Continue reading on how Creative Arc can help you.
No. Create an account in GA4 after July 1, 2022, but before July 1, 2023. Continue reading on how Creative Arc can help you.
Once you are ready to move to GA4, Creative Arc can support you in a few ways
1. We can simply implement the new code you give us on your website. This can be before or after the June deadline. If you are a hosting or retainer client, this would be covered by your monthly allotment of time.
2. We can help you migrate to GA4 before the June deadline. We will need access to your account. You can follow these simple instructions to give us access. The time and cost for this will depend on how much has been set up in your account, but will probably be covered by your monthly maintenance time if you host or have a retainer with us.
3. Creative Arc can help you understand how to use GA4 once you have an account there. Most reports will be changed and no longer pre-built, so we can help you maneuver the transition. We can estimate that time it will take based on your needs.
If you have any questions about this transition, please let us know. If there is anything other help we can offer around SEO or Analytics, we have the resources to support you.