Are you looking to optimize your website’s online performance, while maximizing brand and business exposure across targeted online marketing channels?
Creative Arc partnered with Valerie DiCarlo, owner and lead SEO expert at SEO Web Consulting, to offer a free, one hour webinar to our clients. Here, we summarize the strategies that Valerie outlined during her presentation. If you'd like to listen to a recording of the full presentation, please contact Tracey @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is SEO and why does it matter?
SEO is the implementation of strategic methods to increase your website's organic search engine presence and authority. Best practice SEO is rewarded with increased traffic, higher positioning in search, and more leads.
Top 10 SEO Strategies:
- HTTPS - Secures the site, needs to be implemented by developers to ensure there isn't duplicate content with redirects
- Mobile First - Because mobile is used more and more for search, Google algorithms are primarily using the mobile version of a site’s content to rank pages from that site.
- Targeted Keyword Research & Analysis - learn what keywords and phrases are necessary for SEO, and also learn more about customers. Develop content strategy around those words.
- Best Practice On-Page Optimization - On page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual website pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content - what the user can see - and HTML source code - what the search engines read - of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to external signals. Keyword targeting and on-page optimization are directly related. Always fall back on your keyword research when implementing on-page optimization.
- Content Development & Marketing - to bring the search kneeing crawlers to the site more often, increase web traffic, for user engagement, shares, likes, for increase conversions. Make your website the homebase for all content marketing. What are the questions your customers ask? Monitor and measure performance in Google Analytics.
- Local Citations & Optimization - Local SEO is about building brand awareness in your local area, increasing search visibility, and securing and building local citations. Citations in SEO are a key factor in improving your BRAND and local search results. More and more searchers are looking for local businesses with a physical location in their area.
- Schema & Reviews - Schema markup is code that you put on your website to help the search engines return more informative results for users. Schema.org is the result of collaboration between Google, Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo! to help you provide the information their search engines need to understand you content and provide the best search results possible. Review signals account for a percentage of the total ranking factors, which means they cannot be ignored when implementing a successful SEO strategy.
- User Experience, Conversion Optimization, Site Speed - A site conversion is the number of times a user completes a goal. A good user experience will merit higher conversions and increased site reputation and trust - both for user and search engines. Google believes that a page (site) speed is important to user experience, because pages with longer load times tend to have higher bounce rates and lower average time on page.
- Social Optimization & Marketing - Optimize all of your desired social profiles - align targeted keyword phrases with social profile and posts. Use social to build an audience, drive traffic, conversions, and engagement.
- Best Practice Off-Page Optimization - Off-page refers to outside resources that impact your rankings within search engine results pages - which involves improving search engine and user perception of your website's popularity, relevance, trustworthiness, and authority. This is done by other reputable websites linking to and effectively certifying the reputation, relevance, and quality of your content and website.
Want to schedule an SEO Audit with Valerie? Contact us!